GEORGETOWN, Texas (Dec. 15, 2016)
If you’re keeping your “Movember” beard growth through the holidays or you’re a guy who rocks the bearded look no matter the season, you’ll want to keep these “Top Five Beard Maintenance and Decorating Tips” in mind from the hair pros of Sport Clips Haircuts’ Artistic Team. (You read that correctly, beard “decorating.”)
1) Remember, your beard is “hair,” so it needs proper cleansing and moisturizing. Shampoos and conditioners are essential, according to Sport Clips’ Artistic Team Member Linda Casillas. She recommends keeping the beard groomed with oils and balms such as Gibs Black Cognac Beard Balm-Aid.
2) To keep your beard trimmed, Casillas recommends a visit to a professional stylist or barber…they’ll ensure symmetry and the most flattering look to complement your face shape. Maintaining a beard shape between trims can be done with a beard trimmer.
3) When styling a longer beard, never comb straight through it dry…doing so might cause breakage and split ends, says Stacia Kelley, another member of the Sport Clips Artistic Team. She says it’s best to dampen your beard, and then use a vent brush underneath your chin to brush out and away from your neck and face to air or blow it dry.
4) If yours is a shorter beard, Sport Clips Artistic Team member Ashlee Merriweather cautions against roughness and irritation by using Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair & Body Moisturizer, which she says can also help with ingrown hairs.
5) Getting in on the beard decorating trend is easy, according to the Artistic Team. Casillas says high-hold waxes can help you shape facial hair into festive looks. Or, you may want to add tiny ornaments from a craft shop to add cheer to your look. And, to really get into the holiday spirit, Merriweather says she prepped her husband’s beard with beard oil, then mixed glitter from a craft store with Style Sexy Hard Up Hard Holding Gel and applied to his facial hair for some full-on holiday sparkle.
Sport Clips offers beard trims with haircuts or a la carte with the option to upgrade to the All-Star Treatment. That’s Sport Clips’ signature MVP Experience minus the haircut. To find out more about a location near you, for a haircut or beard trim, visit SportClips.com.